Friday 6 July 2012

Free Time!




It's been a while, but I am back. Still busy, but found a quiet time at work, with not much to do being Friday and all, I thought I'd update my blog.

First off I'll talk about my exam. I took a week off work and I went to a local library every day to study. This was much needed, because I can get distracted very easily if I stayed at home to study. Luckily for me a new library just opened up quite recently in my area. It've witness the building take shape in the months that it had taken to be built. So it was the first time to enter the building and experience a new library. To say the least it's a not a conventional looking building as you can see in the picture above. It's definitely style over substance.

The interior is overly extravagant, with a lot of empty space. There is a looping staircase that goes to the first floor, that takes up a large amount of space. I think it looks cool, but in doing so, there becomes a less space for potentially more important things. Because of this it means that there is a lower capacity for room to study.  Luckilly again I'm an early bird and I can find a seat easily around 9am/10am, but within the hour there will be no more seats left. Granted this is probably the peak time for people as there are exams for everyone coming up not just me. The library gets worse when school kids come in as well around 2pm. I had got up for one moment and my seat was stolen! I believe the staff told a lot of the kids off in doing so. Another chair was found for me anyway, but it was annoying.

Regardless it allowed me to study better and when it came to the exam, I believe it overall went well. I will find out the results in September, until then I am free!

In terms of the house situation. I'm now waiting on a set date to complete! As I've handied over signed contracts and pass over 10% of the deposit! I can not wait to move now! The process has been soo long, I'm thankful that the wait is nearly over. It's still touch and go, because my flatmate will be moving out too at the end of this month and I really need to move out before her, otherwise it could get a bit complicated. We are both using the same solicitor so he is aware of the siutation and is confident for me, which provides me some relief.

In my freetime, I've been playing tons of Diablo 3, watching the Euros and have actually done a bit of running for once. I swear I need to go for a run more often. I rarely do any exercise. Granted I'm not exactly fat, in fact most people will tell me to put on weight. I still want to be fitter. Being single and all again I feel need to shape up to be more attractive, and feel more confident about myself. I'll do more once I've moved, probably setup a mini gym in the garage for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment