Friday 27 April 2012

Zerg Rush!


A quick one today. Google has some crazy little easter eggs when you type certain words into their search engine.

'Do a Barrel Roll' try it and see...

And today they have a new one. Type in 'Zerg Rush' into google and see what happens. Given that I am a starcraft fan, this is amazing to me. Small little google 'o's come rushing in from all angles to destroy your search results, and you have to click on them to kill them before they destroy everything on screen.



I believe it's impossible to beat this, as you just get overwhelmed, I love that there is an APM counter in the corner to show how fast you are, much like how in starcraft in how they determine if you play fast or not.

Very similar feeling in an actual game of starcraft where you're just overwelmed with zerglings. Hence Zerg rush. As a Zerg player, this is obviously so awesome to me, even I sometimes zerg rush my opponents as a legitimate strategy, which does work on occasions.

Google has always been a fan of gaming, and eSports has definitely grown. If Google is helping promote starcraft in providing a fun little game, but also educational in familarising the world with a popular starcraft term, it can only be a good thing. Dispite your privacy disputes, I still love you Google! GG indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment