Thursday 15 July 2010

iPhone 4


I wanna it, I wanna it, I wanna it, I wanna it, I wanna it, I wanna it, I wanna it!

Now I’m not an Apple fan boy as such, however I do own an iphone 3G. It was the huge amount of applications, the swish touch interface and simple UI that impressed me to get one. Now 2 years down the line and finally iphone has competition. HTC Desire and the new Samsung Galaxy S are definite contenders to over throw Apple, as now the big problem for the iPhone 4 is the signal issue. Every staff at Apple must only carry the iPhone in their right hand for not to be able to notice this! I mean it baffles me, on how they could have overlooked this problem. Someone must get the sack for this. However, even with this issue, there doesn’t seem much in a decrease in demand for the phone. Is everyone an Apple fanboy? I do admit Apple do release some good looking products, but to justify the price with the goods is just staggering.

Apple = cool. They have some form of marketing gold. It’s one of the hippest tech gadgets to must have, more than the HTC, which is turning into a nerd’s phone. Have you seen the you tube vid taking the piss out of ignorant iPhone buyers?





I don’t reckon it’s far from the truth.

So why would I still want the iPhone 4? Now that my contract is up, I could move to one of the cheaper alternatives. The answer is mainly due to the amount of apps I’ve purchased over the years, feels like I am actually bound to Apple phones now. I will be seeking a different contract provider though, I will be moving to Tescos. A much higher upfront cost, but for only a 12 month contract and at £20 a month, it’s just so much cheaper in the long run. And the fact that it looks absolutely gorgeous. Having done away with the plastic curves, with have nice shiny metallic look. I know some people do not like the square sharp look, but I love it. It makes it look much more modern, glossy and high tech.

I’m not the type to stand outside all night a shop to buy something I can wait for a few weeks time for, even though it had crossed my mind. I have waited patiently to see how Apple react to this debacle. So as of today Apple are going to make an announcement of some kind. There were rumours of a recall, but that would be silly for Apple as they could lose millions in the process. The much simpler solution spoken by many would be to give out free bumpers to all iPhone 4 purchasers. It would still cost them a bit, but not as much as a recall would.
Will probably provide an update about this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment